Sunday, January 26, 2014

Observation

I am proud to finally announce that I will be starting observations on Tuesday, January 28th and Friday, January 31st. The school is an elementary school just down the road from me.  As far as I know, the classroom is self-contained, but I'll find out more details on Tuesday.

I think what I am most excited for is to see all of the resources in action that have been discussed in the book so far.  I am hoping that they use one of the online math programs as I'm most interested in that.  I know that math is a difficult subject for a lot of students and I am looking for fun ways to make it interesting for kids.  I am a self-proclaimed math nerd and find the topic to be second nature.  I feel like I need to learn ways to break down math topics in a way that is entertaining and meaningful to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment