Thursday, March 13, 2014

Implementation of Assistive Technology in Schools

This is the hardest subject.  Yes, it would be great to have the newest iPad version for EVERY student, not just those who need a device.  But let's be serious, there is not enough money in education for that to happen.  It's unfortunate and unfair, but sadly just something we as teachers have to accept for now. 

Another factor to think about in schools is that not every teacher was raised in a tech based era.  And that can be a hard thing to adjust to and think about for some.  I think about some of my college professors who could not work more than a premade powerpoint that the TA had to set up on the system for them.  Editing, going back, or even trying to get out of powerpoint to look at something else was far out of the question.  For a young teacher, technology is second nature for me.  I may not have the patience to use it sometimes, but if I stop my "learned helplessness" I can figure it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment